Self Managed Super Funds
A large number of average Australian’s are making the decision to establish their own Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), in fact there are now close to half a million SMSF’s.
SMSF’s hold approximately $440 billion in assets, close to one third of the entire superannuation pool within Australia with an average member balance of $480,000.
SOME BENEFITS OF AN SMSF INCLUDE
Like other superannuation (super) funds, self-managed super funds (SMSFs) are a way of saving for your retirement. The difference between a SMSF and other types of funds is, generally, that members of an SMSF are the trustees. This means the members of the SMSF run it for their own benefit.
In most cases, self-managed super funds are the most tax-effective retirement planning and wealth accumulation option for our clients.
- Control over your investments.
- Ability to hold your business premises/farm land/commercial property and other assets in a tax effective structure.
- You can customise your investments in a way a public offer fund cannot.
- May be more cost effective.
SJ BUTLER IS ABLE TO OFFER A FULL LEVEL OF SERVICES FROM START TO FINISH
- Understand what you can and can’t do according to Superannuation Industry Supervision rules
- Establish and manage income streams
- Minimise tax on investment income and capital gains
- Maximise tax-exempt superannuation interests through the use of pensions
- Manage life events like divorce and death with care
- Maximise asset protection through the use of fund structures
- Tax-effective planning for retirement and death benefits
Shane Butler Financial Services Pty Ltd – Authorised Representatives of Consultum Financial Advisers Pty Ltd an Australian Financial Services Licensee, Registered office at Level 6 161 Collins Street Melbourne 3000 and a member of the National Australia group of companies.